Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Greenlake

I'm just back from my tour of Greenlake. The longer evening hours of
light make such a timing ravishing. The late afternoon light,
following a day of gray overcast, blossoms at twilight, as the sun
lowers itself under the low clouds, and gives the city a brilliant
bath, just before it sets for the night.
In this golden light I saw a dog tasting the air as it was being
stroked and praised by its human friend. I have noticed this behavior,
that when dogs are in a state of loving grace, they seem to lap at the
air, savoring, I suppose, with their acute sense of smell, the flavor
of love and happiness.

It seems to be one of those great gifts that dogs are so prodigal with,
showing us what happiness is, and letting us taste of it what we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home